Alright, here is recipe 3 of 3 from the original “What’s up doc?” post. These were tasty, but a little dry. I have adjusted the recipe a bit to make it the cookie I had hoped it would be. Here you go.
~ 1 cup of oats (instant is best, but you can use any type, the consistency may just be slightly different)
~ 3/4 cup of flour
~ 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
~ 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
~ 1/4 tsp mace or butmeg
~ Pinch of salt
~ 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter melted & cooled slightly
~ 2 eggs (room temperature is best)
~ 1 tsp vanilla extract
~ 1/2 cup of honey -OR- maple syrup -OR- agave
~ 3/4 cup of shredded carrot
~ 1/2 cup of currants -OR- raisins (Optional)
1. Whisk together the egg, coconut oil (or butter) and vanilla.
2. Stir in honey (or maple syrup or agave) until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, mace (or nutmeg) and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to the wet batter just until incorporated.
5. Fold in the carrots and currants (or raisins) until combined.
6. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
7. Heat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough into the baking sheet. Use a spoon to slightly flatten the cookie.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
10. Enjoy! You can also add a little drizzle of cream cheese icing for some added carrot-cake taste.