Summertime we find that most of our meals focus on a salad and protein, usually BBQ’d. I was getting bored of the proteins and salads we had been having and found a Tandoori marinade at the grocery store. I decided that some BBQ’d tandoori chicken sounded delightful! So, I bought the marinade and had to come up with a salad to go with it. A cucumber salad was most often featured, but I couldn’t decide which one I liked, so I blended a few into a salad that I thought would fit nicely. It was so refreshing!
- 1 long english cucumber
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Chop the cucumber into larger chunks. I went with thinner slices halved.
- Slice the shallot thinly and separate the segments.
- In a bowl, start by crushing the garlic, catching any liquids.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, sweet chili sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk to ensure well blended and that the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cucumber and onion to the bowl and toss.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to let that sauce soak into the vegetables.
- Serve chilled.